The Book on Flipping Houses: How to Buy, Rehab, and Resell Residential Properties
Are you ready to leave the 9-5 and get started flipping houses? The Book on Flipping Houses is written by active real estate fix-and-flipper J Scott, author of the popular real estate website 123Flip.com, and is published by BiggerPockets Publishing, the publishing arm of the premier real estate investing website BiggerPockets.com.
This no-fluff book contains more than 350 pages of detailed, step-by-step training perfect for both the complete newbie or seasoned pro looking to build a killer house flipping business.
- Series: BiggerPockets Presents...
- Paperback: 352 pages
- Publisher: BiggerPockets Publishing, LLC; 1 edition (March 22, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0988973707
- ISBN-13: 978-0988973701
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.8 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.3 pounds
About the Author
J Scott is a full-time real estate investor and rehabber currently living in the suburbs of Washington, DC (formerly living and investing in Atlanta, GA). He is originally from the East Coast, and until Spring of 2008, he resided in Silicon Valley (California), where he spent many years in management at several Fortune 500 companies.
In 2008, J and his wife decided to leave the 80-hour work weeks and the constant business travel behind. They quit their corporate jobs, moved back East, started a family and decided to try something new. That something new ended up being real estate, and nine years later, they've built a successful business buying, rehabbing and reselling single family homes.
Since 2008, J and his wife have rehabbed over 250 of their own houses for millions of dollars in profits, and have mentored and assisted other investors in rehabbing hundreds more properties. These days, the team has branched out, now flipping houses in different parts of the country and focusing on larger new-construction projects.
J has detailed his real estate adventure on his blog, 123Flip.com, where he discusses all his team's triumphs, failures and results -- including all the nitty-gritty financial details of the business.
In this book you'll discover:
- How to get financing for your deals, even with no cash and poor credit!
- How to evaluate a potential market or “farm” area!
- What types of properties you should buy, where and from whom!
- How to find great deals from motivated sellers!
- How to evaluate deals quickly and accurately!
- How to make competitive offers and complete your due dili-gence efficiently and effectively!
- How to create a Scope of Work, a Budget and a Schedule!
- How to hire the best contractors and manage your rehab to completion!
- How to get your properties under contract for top dollar!
- How to get your property to the closing table as efficiently as possible so you can collect your check!
Whether you are an experienced renovator or just starting out, the Book on Flipping Houses will teach you everything you need to know to build a profitable, efficient house flipping business.
Table of Contents (Chapter Level)
Chapter 1: First Concepts
Chapter 2: Get Your Financing In Order
Chapter 3: Find Your Real Estate Agent
Chapter 4: Where Should You Buy?
Chapter 5: What Should You Buy?
Chapter 6: Who Should You Buy From?
Chapter 7: How Will You Find Deals?
Chapter 8: The Flip Formula
Chapter 9: Looking at Properties
Chapter 10: Making Offers
Chapter 11: Your Due Diligence
Chapter 12: Create Your SOW
Chapter 13: Create Your Budget
Chapter 14: Create Your Schedule
Chapter 15: Hiring Contractors
Chapter 16: Managing Your Rehab
Chapter 17: Agent or FSBO?
Chapter 18: Staging
Chapter 19: Buyer Due Diligence
Chapter 20: The Closing